a tailormade itinerary that revolved around history, architecture, art (old and new), gastronomy and most importantly, getting under the skin of Andalucia and meeting some of the locals.
We recently had the pleasure of sharing our home city of Seville with a delightful group from England! This tailormade itinerary was 9 months in the making. Gillie and Alison from Missenden Tours and myself (Sam!) put our heads together many months ago in order to create the ideal holiday in Seville. We designed an itinerary that revolved around history, architecture, art (old and new), gastronomy and most importantly, getting under the skin of Andalucia and meeting some of the locals. Each bespoke experience was moulded to the group’s likes and hobbies to ensure they got the most out of their 5 days in Andalucia. Having just said farewell to everyone, I can safely say that we were very happy with the outcome!
Here are some of the things that we did:
A lesson on the history and origins of tiles and ceramics in Seville, followed by a class on how to hand paint the tiles.
- A private visit to an Art Restoration Studio to learn all about how different art pieces are conserved and restored, as well as hearing about fakes, false signatures and ultra-violet and x-ray surprises!
- An afternoon dedicated to visiting the houses of contemporary artists to meet them, learn about their professional careers and see their latest paintings
- An insiders flamenco experience that combined guitar solos, singing, dancing and even some percussion and dance lessons with our flamenco friends!
- An in-depth walking tour of Seville and its finest monuments, including the cathedral, the Alcazar and the Jewish Quarter.
- A day trip to Jerez to visit the impressive Royal Andalucian Equestrian Academy and to sample some of the city’s very finest sherries
- A private tour of Seville’s Fine Arts Museum
- Numerous meals that touched on traditional and trendy cuisine, local, regional and national dishes and an awful lot of wine quaffing!
We will shortly be putting some of the testimonials from this tailormade itinerary on the website, so keep your eye out!